Wakatipu Discovery of the Rings 4X4 Tour
Departures: 8:15am and 1:15pm
Duration: 4 hours
Price: $169 Adult : $85 Child
Come enjoy a slice of middle earth on our Wakatipu Discovery of the Rings tour.
Never was an area more tailor-made to make Tolkien’s fantasy vision a reality on the big screen. This Lord of the Rings tour will take you through numerous chapters from the trilogy’s and multiple other movies cinematic home, utilising off-road vehicles to their limits to reach the directors’ perfect spots. Our knowledgeable local guides have plenty of information on the movies as well as extensive commentary on the areas you are visiting. Even those who missed the movies will be spellbound by the scenery of the Wakatipu Basin.
Tour Highlights include:
- Lord of the Rings tour locations (White Mountains; Minas Tirith; Pillars of the Kings; GladdenFields; Ford of Bruinen; Warg attack; Exodus of Edoras)
- Willow, Vertical Limits and The WaterHorse locations
- Remarkables Mountains viewpoint
- Arrowtown village;
- Multiple river crossings on the Arrow River
- And a short journey down Skippers Canyon.
- Gold panning option available upon request